SARS-CoV-2 Viral Outbreak Investigation: Laboratory Perspective
Live webinar on 2nd July 2020 focuses on SARS-CoV-2 Viral Outbreak Investigation: Laboratory Perspective.
Panellists for this week:
- Dr. Hani Binti Mat Hussin is the Director of National Public Health Laboratory, Sungai Buloh since January 2018. Dr. Hani completed her medical degree from Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) in 1988 and obtained Master of Public Health from University Of Malaya (UM) in 1997. She was the director of Public Health Laboratory (MKA), Kota Bharu before she was promoted as director of National Public Health Laboratory (MKAK) in year 2018.
- Dr. Ravindran Thayan is a Molecular Virologist by training and is currently Head of Virology Unit, Infectious Diseases Research Centre, Institute for Medical Research (IMR). He is also the Director of WHO National Influenza Centre as well as Coordinator for the WHO National Polio Laboratory. He has been with Virology Unit IMR since 1992 and has been involved in viral outbreak investigation including COVID-19, Polio virus and Measles in 2019, Rabies in 2018, Zika in 2016, Ebola, MERS-CoV and Avian influenza in 2014 and Pandemic Influenza H1N1 in 2009 among others. He is also member of several expert panel including IMR, MOSTI, CREST R&D Grant application as well as Viral Expertise Panel.
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/2enmIG6cSl0
Scaling up national lab capacity for COVID-19 by Dr. Hani Binti Mat Hussin, MKAK Sungai Buloh (Slide)
IMR’s role in viral outbreak investigation: COVID-19 menace by Dr. Ravindran Thayan, Infectious Diseases Research Centre, IMR, NIH (Slide)
Podcast link and other podcast options (Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, etc) are available here
How to join the future webinar?
No need to register. Just join us live on the designated date and time using your preferred social media account or one of the options below. Don't forget to use app.sli.do to ask questions. As usual our event code is #hcsmMY
- Periscope TV: https://www.pscp.tv/clinUp_covid/
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/clinicalupdatesincovid19
- Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/ClinUpCOVID
- Twitter Live: https://twitter.com/clinUp_covid
- Clinical Updates in COVID-19 blog: https://clinupcovid.mailerpage.com/
- NIH COVID-19: http://www.nih.gov.my/covid-19/
If you are watching the webinar using mobile phone (no second mobile device near you), we recommend you to watch the live webinar directly from our NIH COVID-19 website or Clinical Updates in COVID-19 blog. We have embedded the Slido Q&A, live chat and video together in one place.
How to get CPD points?
We will broadcast the online attendance form (link) 20 minutes before the actual webinar. The link will also be posted on our Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Fill up the online attendance form and you will receive a certificate of attendance. Please double check your email address before submitting. Any mistake in your email address, you will not get the certificate of attendance. See you on Thursday!