Frequently Asked Questions for “Clinical Updates in COVID-19” Webinar
1. What is this webinar about?
This is a weekly live webinar hosted by the Institute For Clinical Research (ICR), National Institutes of Health (NIH) Malaysia. The purpose of having the weekly webinar is for medical professionals to share their experience in their work related to COVID-19. This has also been a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activity for all Health Care Providers in Malaysia. List of Topics: The weekly live webinars would focus on the current medical and healthcare issues during COVID-19 pandemic, and specific topics are discussed every week.
2. Who can attend this webinar?
All healthcare professionals and allied health are encouraged to attend this webinar.
3. How to join the webinar?
There are 6 ways to watch the webinar live. You can join us live using your preferred social media account or one of the options below.
- Periscope TV: https://pscp.tv/clinUp_covid
- Twitter Live: https://twitter.com/clinUp_covid
- Facebook Live: https://facebook.com/ClinUpCOVID
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/clinicalupdatesincovid19
- NIH COVID-19 Website: http://www.nih.gov.my/covid-19/
- NIH COVID-19 Blog: https://cutt.ly/covidblog
4. How much does it cost to attend the webinar? How do I register for the webinar?
It is free of charge. No registration required. Just go to one of the six options above on every Thursday at 12 PM Malaysia Time (GMT+8)
5. Can I get CPD points from attending this webinar?
Yes, all healthcare professionals and allied health personnel working in Malaysia can get CPD points for attending this webinar. Just fill up the online attendance form during the live webinar. The CPD points are under the A4 Category (CME Sessions / Other Professional Activities). 1 or 2 points would be allocated according to your Healthcare Provider Category (i.e Topic-Based / Hourly-Based).
For MMA CPD users, points are automatically updated after the event.
For NSR MMC CPD users, please claim your points under A4i Clinical Updates in COVID-19.
For those applying via the myCPD² System (Ministry of Health, Malaysia) platform, you may submit for CPD Points manually under the “Unlisted Programme – New Claim” section. Do include the e-Certificate provided to you when you submit your CPD claim (Refer to Question 6).
6. How to fill up online attendance to obtain my e-Certificate and where to find the link?
The link for online attendance would be broadcasted live on the video and posted on social media before the start of the webinar session. If you miss the start of the webinar sessions, you would still be able to find the link for online attendance at the captions of the live video session. However, the attendance form link will expire after the live webinar as the CPD points are only given to those who attend the event live.
When filling the attendance form, remember to fill in all blanks accordingly. Double check your e-mail before submission because the e-Certificate generated would be sent to the e-mail address provided.
Do contact the administrators if you do not receive your e-Certificate after 2-3 hours of submission of the attendance form.
7. How do I get CPD points when I watch the past webinars on YouTube or social media?
At this moment, you cannot claim CPD points for the past webinars. However, we are working on self-pace e-learning modules for healthcare professionals and allied health personnel to claim CPD points under CPD category A7 and A8. Do follow us on our social media for latest update and development. You can also subscribe to our mailing list here: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/c7n2o6
8. I am a healthcare provider working outside Malaysia, but I am interested in obtaining CPD points for the webinar. Is it possible for me to do so?
You may submit your attendance (For steps, refer to Question 6) and apply for CPD points under your CPD provider in your country. Do check with your local CPD provider for more details.
9. Is it possible for me to ask questions during the webinar?
Yes, definitely. You may use the website https://app.sli.do to ask questions during the webinar event. Our event code is #hcsmMY.
Feel free to interact with participants from various social media platform but please refrain from asking questions in the chat box under the live video session as it would be difficult for the speakers to trace back the questions during the live session. Always submit your questions to the sli.do link provided. If you are unable to submit your question, you can get help from your colleagues or friends to do so for you.
10. Who should I contact if I require more information regarding this Webinar Session?